Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can't Live Without... Kitchen String!

Now that you're all familiar with the way our challenges work, we're kicking off the other features of Just Add Ink.  If you haven't already seen the first My Space featuring Jodene Tripp's space, make sure you check it out!

But today we're launching...

Can't Live Without...

Kitchen String

I thought I'd share what I can't live without, but when I really thought about it, there are so many things I use constantly!  So I'm sharing my favourite Can't Live Without product, which at the moment is plain, humble Kitchen String!


I use kitchen string on so many different projects, from cards and boxes, to scrapbook pages and handmade embellishments.  I love it!  It has a rustic look about it, it's cotton so it's gentle to use, and best of all, it's CHEAP so I don't stress out if I waste some.  The roll I've photographed was bought at K-Mart for $3.00 for 82 metres - that's 3 and a half cents per metre.  No wonder I seem to be favouring winding it around my cards three times! 

Here are some photos of projects I've made using kitchen string...


And there you have it!  It's not the most exotic product, but it's my favourite.  :-)  I'd love you to leave a comment if you have any ways that you use kitchen string - we love to share ideas!
 






Would you like to share your Can't Live Without product or technique?  Just send us an email at just-add-ink@hotmail.com and you might find your product/technique featured here! 

A couple of important notes - because we're so busy with challenges and articles, we're planning on simply cutting and pasting the email submissions for this section directly into each post, so here are a few guidelines to make it easier for everyone:
  • In the subject line of your email, please put "Can't Live Without and the name of the product/technique".
  • Please include your blog/website address (if you have one) so we can link your site to your post.
  • Feel free to include a couple of photos (but it's not necessary).
  • Please double check all the information you submit - we're can't guarantee that everyone's submissions will be published, but if yours is, it will be published exactly as you've written it!
  • There are no set days or times for this section for publishing, so you might submit something one day and find it on here that afternoon... or it might be a month before you're featured.  Just keep that in mind!

 We can't wait to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. I love kitchen string too Danielle! It is so versatile. Some of the other twine/strings etc available is quite stiff but the kitchen string is so soft and easy to tie. Especially if you want a bow! I am glad to see I am not the only one that loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way when I tell people to use it how they say "oh never thought of that, I have got some in the draw!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Danielle!! I'm off to K-Mart NOW!!! lol. Love your feature on Kitchen String - genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never even heard of it! It sure does look great though!

    ReplyDelete